R145.00 Incl VAT — or Incl VAT / month
500mg (30 servings x 60 capsules)
Genologix Bacopa Monnieri is a natural plant extract that has a successful history as an Ayurvedic medicine.
- Additional information
- Supplement Facts
- Patient Information Leaflet
- Important Information
- Reviews (0)
Bacopa Monnieri is also commonly used in the West to treat anxiety, depression and stress. It is now also a popular nootropic, boosting memory and cognitive performance. As an adaptogenic, Bacopa reduces stress by elevating your mood and reducing levels of cortisol. Bacopa's active bacoside compounds A and B improve electrical impulse signaling between neurons, improving memory, focus and attention. This powerful nootropic also helps repair damage to neurons and synapses, caused by chronic stress.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 12 cm|
- Prevents the chemical effects of stress
- Reduced anxiety
- Better mood regulation
- Improved memory and attention
- Better cognitive performance
- Anti-oxidant benefits and toxin protection
|Serving Size:||2 Capsules|
|Servings per Bottle:||30 Servings|
|Active Ingredient per Serving:||Bacopa Monnieri herb extract 500mg per serving standardised to 50% bacosides|
|Inactive Ingredients:||Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) (Filler), HPMC Hypromellose (Vegan Capsules)|
- A serving equals a daily dose.
- Take two capsules during the day. Split dose if desired.
- Do not take in the evening.
- Ideally taken with a fat-containing meal.
- This product is not known to commonly produce negative side effects, however should you experience negative side effects then discontinue use.
Patient Information Leaflet
GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI – hard capsule
|Active Ingredient||Quantity per capsule||Quantity per serving|
|Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. [whole grass]||250 mg||500 mg|
COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: Discipline specific – Traditional Chinese Medicine
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI is available without a doctor’s prescription, for you to maintain your health. Nevertheless, you still need to use GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Do not share GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI with any other person.
- Ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- What is GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI used for
GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI supports cognitive function, memory, and concentration. It serves as an antioxidant, which neutralises free radicals in the body and works as an adaptogen to assist with temporary relief of symptoms associated with stress.
- What you need to know before you take GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI.
Do not take GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to Bacopa Monnieri (L.) Wettst (Bacopa Monnieri) or any of the other ingredients of GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI (listed in section 6).
Warnings and precautions
Take special care with GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
- Avoid taking with alcohol or products that cause drowsiness.
- If you have bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- If you have a gastrointestinal tract obstruction.
- If you have peptic ulcer disease.
- If you have pulmonary conditions.
- If you have thyroid disorders.
- If you have a urogenital tract obstruction.
Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
Other medicines and GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
Always tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicine. (This includes all complementary and traditional medicines).
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently taking:
- Anticholinergic medicines (medicines that block and inhibit the activity of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine (ACh) at both central and peripheral nervous system synapses).
- Cholinergic medicines (medicines that act upon the neurotransmitter acetylcholine).
- Thyroid hormones (used to treat conditions of the thyroid).
- Medicines that are changed by the liver.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Safety in fertility, pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI may cause drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle, or involved in activities requiring mental alertness.
- How to take GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
Do not share your medicines with any other person.
Always take GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults: The usual dose is 2 capsules daily.
Children: Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
A varied diet is the most effective and safe way to achieve good nutrition, health, body composition as well as mental and physical performance.
If you take more GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI than you should
In the event of an overdosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison centre.
If you forget to take GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses.
- Possible side effects
GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI can have side effects.
Not all side effects reported for GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen or if you experience any untoward effects while taking GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI please consult your health care provider for advice.
If any of the following happens, stop taking GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI and tell your doctor immediately or go to the casualty department at your nearest hospital.
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips and mouth or throat, which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- rash or itching
These are all very serious side effects. If you have them, you may have had a serious reaction to GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
Frequent side effects:
- stomach pain,
- diarrhoea (loose, watery stools),
- nausea (feeling sick),
- vomiting (being sick),
- dry mouth.
Side effects with unknown frequency:
- drowsiness (sleepiness),
- muscle fatigue,
- fatigue (falling tired).
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You can also report side effects to SAHPRA via the “6.04 Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Form”, found online under SAHPRA’s publications: https://www.sahpra.org.za/Publications/Index/8.
By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
- How to store GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI
Store all medicines out of reach of children.
Store at or below 25 °C in a dry place.
Protect from moisture and light.
- Contents of the pack and other information.
The active substance is Bacopa Monnieri (L.) Wettst. [whole grass].
There other ingredients are the hypromellose capsules and microcrystalline cellulose.
What GENOLOGIX BACOPA MONNIERI looks like and contents of the pack
Clear capsules containing a brown to off-brown powder.
60 capsules, containing a brown powder, packed in an appropriately labelled blue glass bottle with a metal lid.
Holder of Certificate of Registration
Genologix Distributors (Pty) Ltd
Unit 16 & 17 Acacia business park
73 Nguni Way
Tel: +27 60 532 8317
This leaflet was revised in
To be allocated by SAHPRA.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Do not use if under 18 years of age as safety in children has not been established.
- If you have a known medical condition, consult your doctor before using this or any other health supplement.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- 60 vegan hard capsules (Halal & Kosher) each containing 250mg Bacopa Monnieri = 30 servings of 500mg Bacopa Monnieri.
- Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
- Product packaging may differ slightly from the advertised image, based on packaging availability.
This health supplement has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
Health supplements are intended to complement health or supplement the diet. They are not intended to be used as a treatment to cure illnesses.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.