R215.00 Incl VAT — or Incl VAT / month
8mg (60 servings x 60 capsules)
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid pigment that has powerful cardiovascular, cosmetic and antioxidant benefits. It is a naturally occurring orange-red pigment which can be found in freshwater and marine life such as trout, shrimp, salmon and algae, giving them their pink colouring.
- Additional information
- Supplement Facts
- Patient Information Leaflet
- Important Information
- Reviews (2)
Astaxanthin is a Carotenoid, which is an antioxidant that assists in reducing inflammation in the body. Antioxidants are molecules that combat free radicals in your body - when levels of free radicals become too high, they can become harmful to DNA and are linked to multiple illnesses and premature aging. The body has its own antioxidant defenses to manage free radical levels which are constantly being formed. Without antioxidants, free radicals would cause harm quickly.
Carotenoids are highly fat-soluble compounds, meaning that they are better absorbed when consumed with fat. They are then absorbed and metabolised in the same manner as fat where it makes its way into lipoprotein particles, where it can be transported to essential tissues. Its similarity to fat absorption is advantageous as this allows Astaxanthin to directly affect the way in which fat is metabolised, assisting in the reduction of cholesterol and triglycerides. This, along with its inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities make Astaxanthin beneficial to cardiovascular health by protecting from heart disease and preventing arterial walls from being blocked.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 12 cm|
- Promotes healthy skin, eyes and joints
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Potent antioxidant, reduces free radicals
|Serving Size:||1 Capsule|
|Servings per Bottle:||60 Servings|
|Active Ingredient per Serving:||Astaxanthin (H. pluvialis Extract) (Algae) (Standardised to 3% Astaxanthin)|
|Inactive Ingredients:||Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC), HPMC Hypromellose (Vegan Capsules)|
- A serving equals a daily dose.
- Take one capsule daily, preferably just after food.
- Discontinue use if any adverse effects are experienced.
Patient Information Leaflet
GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN –hard capsule
|Active Ingredient||Quantity per capsule||Quantity per serving|
|Astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis (whole)||8 mg||8 mg|
COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: Health Supplement – Carotenoids
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN is available without a doctor’s prescription, for you to maintain your health. Nevertheless, you still need to use GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Do not share GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN with any other person.
- Ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
What is in this leaflet
- What GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN is and what it is used for.
- What you need to know before you take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN.
- How to take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN.
- Possible side effects.
- How to store GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN.
- Contents of the pack and other information.
- What is GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN used for
GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN provides the body with antioxidants, which helps protect cells against the effects of oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- What you need to know before you take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN
Do not take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to Astaxanthin or haematococcus pluvialis or any of the other ingredients of GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN (listed in section 6).
Warnings and precautions
Take special care with GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN:
- If you are having any surgical procedure done. You should stop taking GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN at least two weeks before an operation.
Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
Other medicines and GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN
Always tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicine. (This includes all complementary and traditional medicines).
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently taking:
- Medication that is changed by the liver. Astaxanthin, as in GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN ,might change how quickly the liver breaks down these medications. This could change the effects and side effects of these medications.
- Other carotenoid supplements
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Safety in fertility, pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN should not affect the ability of individuals to drive or operate machinery.
- How to take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN
Do not share your medicines with any other person.
Always take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults: The usual dose is 1 capsule daily.
Children: Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
A varied diet is the most effective and safe way to achieve good nutrition, health, body composition as well as mental and physical performance.
If you take more GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN than you should
In the event of an overdosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison centre.
If you forget to take GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN
Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses.
- Possible side effects
GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN can have side effects.
Not all side effects reported for GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen or if you experience any untoward effects while taking GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN, please consult your health care provider for advice.
If any of the following happens, stop taking GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN and tell your doctor immediately or go to the casualty department at your nearest hospital.
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips and mouth or throat, which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- rash or itching
These are all very serious side effects. If you have them, you may have had a serious reaction to GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
Frequent side effects:
- stomach pain,
- diarrhoea (loose, watery stools),
- nausea (feeling sick).
Side effect with unknown frequency:
- red stools.
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You can also report side effects to SAHPRA via the “6.04 Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Form”, found online under SAHPRA’s publications: https://www.sahpra.org.za/Publications/Index/8.
By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN.
- How to store GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN.
Store all medicines out of reach of children.
Store at or below 25 °C in a dry place.
Protect from moisture and light.
- Contents of the pack and other information.
The active substance is Astaxanthin from haematococcus pluvialis (whole).
There other ingredients are the hypromellose capsules and microcrystalline cellulose.
What GENOLOGIX ASTAXANTHIN looks like and contents of the pack
Clear capsules containing a red to brownish powder.
60 capsules, packed in an appropriately labelled blue glass bottle with a metal lid.
Holder of Certificate of Registration
Genologix Distributors (Pty) Ltd
Unit 16 & 17 Acacia business park
73 Nguni Way
Tel: +27 60 532 8317
This leaflet was revised in
To be allocated by SAHPRA.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Do not use if under 18 years of age as safety in children has not been established.
- If you have a known medical condition, consult your doctor before using this or any other health supplement.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- 60 vegan capsules (Halal & Kosher) each containing 10mg of Astaxanthin = 60 servings of 8mg Astaxanthin.
- Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
- Product packaging may differ slightly from the advertised image, based on packaging availability.
This health supplement has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. Health supplements are intended to complement health or supplement the diet. They are not intended to be used as a treatment to cure illnesses.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.