R215.00 Incl VAT — or Incl VAT / month
500mg (30 servings x 60 capsules)
Alpha GPC (Alpha-glycerophosphocholine) is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, aid neuron repair, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline.
- Additional information
- Supplement Facts
- Patient Information Leaflet
- Important Information
- Reviews (1)
Alpha GPC is the most bioavailable form of the critical substance choline, and also crosses the blood brain barrier, meaning fast and efficient access into the brain. Alpha GPC then becomes a beneficial constituent of brain cell membranes. Alpha GPC may help to repair damaged neurons and may inhibit age-related destruction of neurons. Alpha GPC increases the brain's synthesis of acetyl-choline, boosting cognitive function and mental acuity.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 12 cm|
- Reduction in cognitive decline
- Improved power output
- Improves attention and memory
- May repair neuron damage
- Boosts growth hormone
|Srving Size:||2 Capsules|
|Servings per Bottle:||30 Servings|
|Active Ingredient per Serving:||500mg Alpha GPC (L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine) per serving|
|Inactive Ingredients:||Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) (Filler), HPMC Hypromellose (Vegan Capsules)|
- A serving equals a daily dose.
- Take two capsules daily with food. Split the dose if desired. Best taken early in the day.
- This product is not known to produce negative side effects, however should you experience negative side effects then discontinue use.
Patient Information Leaflet
GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC – hard capsule
|Active Ingredient||Quantity per capsule||Quantity per serving|
|l-alpha-Glycerophosphoryl Choline||250 mg||250 mg|
COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: Health Supplement – Fats Oils and Fatty Acids
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC is available without a doctor’s prescription, for you to maintain your health. Nevertheless, you still need to use GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Do not share GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC with any other person.
- Ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
What is in this leaflet
- What GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC is and what it is used for.
- What you need to know before you take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC.
- How to take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC.
- Possible side effects.
- How to store GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC.
- Contents of the pack and other information.
- What is GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC used for
GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC helps to support liver function and is a factor in the maintenance of general good health. As a precursor to Acetyl-Choline, Alpha GPC also provides cognitive support.
- What you need to know before you take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC
Do not take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to l-alpha-Glycerophosphoryl Choline or any of the other ingredients of GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC (listed in section 6).
Warnings and precautions
Take special care with GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC:
- Do not use for more than 6 months without seeing a health care provider.
Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
Other medicines and GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC
Always tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicine. (This includes all complementary and traditional medicines).
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently taking:
- Scopolamine: Alpha GPC, as in GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC, increases a chemical in the brain called acetylcholine. Scopolamine blocks this same chemical. It is possible that Alpha GPC decreases the effects of scopolamine.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Safety in fertility, pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC should not affect the ability of individuals to drive or operate machinery.
- How to take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC
Do not share your medicines with any other person.
Always take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults: The usual dose is 2 capsules daily.
Children: Not intended for children younger than 18 years.
A varied diet is the most effective and safe way to achieve good nutrition, health, body composition as well as mental and physical performance
If you take more GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC than you should
In the event of an overdosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison centre.
If you forget to take GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC
Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses.
- Possible side effects
GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC can have side effects.
Not all side effects reported for GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen or if you experience any untoward effects while taking GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC, please consult your health care provider for advice.
If any of the following happens, stop taking GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC and tell your doctor immediately or go to the casualty department at your nearest hospital.
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips and mouth or throat, which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- rash or itching
These are all very serious side effects. If you have them, you may have had a serious reaction to GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
Frequent side effects:
- diarrhoea (loose, watery stools),
- nausea (feeling sick),
- vomiting (being sick).
Side effect with unknown frequency:
- skin rash,
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You can also report side effects to SAHPRA via the “6.04 Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Form”, found online under SAHPRA’s publications: https://www.sahpra.org.za/Publications/Index/8.
By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC.
- How to store GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC.
Store all medicines out of reach of children.
Store at or below 25 °C in a dry place.
Protect from moisture and light.
- Contents of the pack and other information.
The active substance is l-alpha-Glycerophosphoryl Choline.
There other ingredients are the hypromellose capsules and microcrystalline cellulose.
What GENOLOGIX ALPHA GPC looks like and contents of the pack
Clear capsules containing a white powder.
60 capsules, packed in an appropriately labelled blue glass bottle with a metal lid.
Holder of Certificate of Registration
Genologix Distributors (Pty) Ltd
Unit 16 & 17 Acacia business park
73 Nguni Way
Tel: +27 60 532 8317
This leaflet was revised in
To be allocated by SAHPRA.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Do not use if under 18 years of age as safety in children has not been established.
- If you have a known medical condition, consult your doctor before using this or any other health supplement.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- 60 vegan hard capsules each containing 250mg Alpha GPC = 30 Servings of 500mg Alpha GPC.
- Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
- Product packaging may differ slightly from the advertised image, based on packaging availability.
This health supplement has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. Health supplements are intended to complement health or supplement the diet. They are not intended to be used as a treatment to cure illnesses.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.